Wednesday, July 16, 2014

West coast bound



Tomorrow I’ll be jetting off to a two week whirl-wind trip back to the motherland (AKA Washington). It will be action-packed to say the least, starting with the Ragnar NWP! This will be my first Ragnar adventure, so I’m feeling a healthy mixture of nerves and excitement.  Luckily, I will be running through the night with a fabulous group of Oiselle ladies. Check out the Oiselle blog about the team here.


It's actually kind of tough to leave NC in the summer, because I LOVE SUMMER. Seattle 'summer' leaves me feeling pretty 'meh'. Don't get me wrong, I love a view of the Cascades, Olympics, and Mt. Rainier in one stunning vista just as much as anyone (maybe more), but I really crave heat. And boy do I get a lot of that in the South! One of my favorite things to do in the summer here is cruise around in the evening on my bike, or stroll around downtown. Here are some photos of said summer-strolling:

A Raleigh sunset

Summer riding

Downtown Asheville--so darn cute!

Asheville

More Asheville--love this street

Kilwins in Asheville, a warm summer night necessity!
 
Raleigh tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment