My running thus far in 2015 has been less than stellar, to say the least! I have only raced a couple times, not due to injury or other unforeseen circumstances. Mostly, I have been plagued by low motivation, which has honestly never been an issue for me.
Looking back on the last 6-ish months, my main struggles have been:
1. No big goal races, so no real need to crush out hard workouts week after week
2. Changes in my schedule that made my running a little more inconsistent and erratic
3. Less willingness to run by myself when I didn't feel like running
...yeah, not the best reasons.
BUT, I feel like I'm back on track and finally feeling like my old, motivated self.
1. The beginning of summer is here. That means that marathon season is approaching and I better start getting my head in the game!
2. Found a fun 5k training plan that is giving me some much needed structure (aka telling me what to do)
3. Feeling okay with pounding out more miles alone (although I much prefer my running buddies)
How do you get back on track after you've lost motivation?